Donate to Greater Elgin Family Care Center
Before Greater Elgin Family Care Center, there was a Free Clinic supported by Sherman and St. Joseph’s Hospital which provided primary care services to Elgin’s low-income families. This clinic operated out of several different locations, including the basement of a local church, in a storefront on State Street in Elgin, and in the Community Crisis Center.
In 1998, a group of local stakeholders and organizations, known as the Community Task Force 2000, came together to access and address the health care needs of Elgin’s low-income community. The goal was to provide needed primary care services to Elgin residents and minimize the burden on the local hospitals, which were seeing patients in their Emergency Rooms for non-emergency needs. The solution to this problem was to create a Community Health Center, or Federally Qualified Health Center, that would provide quality and affordable health care to all, including those who didn’t have the ability to pay. As a result, Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) was born.
In 2002, GEFCC applied to become a Federally Qualified Health Center and as a result of a successful application, we began receiving support from the Bureau of Primary Health Care as a Community Health Center. While originally created to serve the Elgin community, over the years we have successfully expanded to serve over 47 municipalities in Illinois. We provide comprehensive, patient-centered medical, dental and behavioral health care to almost 50,000 patients annually through 9 Health Center locations and many local schools.
We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality, affordable, health care that is delivered with respect by compassionate and qualified professionals. We have a commitment to improve the quality of care we provide and the health of our patients. It is this commitment that led us to pursue the accreditation by The Joint Commission and Certification as a Primary Care Medical Home. Because of our Primary Care Medical Home status, our patients benefit from having access to an interdisciplinary team of medical, dental, and behavioral health providers, all working in partnership with the patient to improve their quality of life and that of their families.
We work to eliminate any barriers that may keep our patients from accessing services. We do this through the provision of 24-hour access to providers, comprehensive care management, assistance with transportation costs, access to reduced-price pharmaceuticals, on-site laboratories, same and next-day appointment, bilingual staff and comprehensive translation services.
- Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the medically uninsured, underinsured and publicly insured residents of Elgin, DeKalb, Sycamore, Streamwood, Wheeling and McHenry, IL and surrounding communities.
- GEFCC is a Federally Qualified Health Center which, in the most-recent 12 month period, provided a full range of quality, affordably-priced primary care services to almost 50,000 different persons via over 160,000 medical and dental appointments.
- Due to the significant demand for our services and our mission to meet that need, GEFCC will accept a variety of tax-exempt donations including monetary contributions, services and equipment.
- If you are interested in making a charitable contribution to Greater Elgin Family Care Center, please call (847) 608-6068. You may also donate to GEFCC through PayPal by clicking on the link below. PayPal is an easy, fast & secure way to make a donation!
Greater Elgin Family Care Center is honored to have recently received charitable contributions from the following individuals and organizations.
- Beth Tze
- Boomer Whipple
- Bud Heimberg
- Christine Maggio
- Deborah Jeanne Everett
- Dianna Manjarrez
- Donna Anderson
- Dr. Mark Thompson
- Dr. Nabanita Bhowmick
- Dr. Nirmala Govinda
- Jennifer Bueche
- Kathleen Jaken
- Keith & Dawn Brill
- Kyle Smith
- Linda Drawhorn
- Mr. and Mrs. Marc Steinman
- Nancy & Art Schueneman
- Nicholas Demorest
- Nimra Khan
- Rebekah & Chris Berry
- Richard Evans
- Robert Tanner
- Stanislawa Staniszewska
- Tim Gifford
- Toya Nash
- Waye Heinmiller & Karen Lavin
Corporations / Organizations
- 1st Presbyterian Church Board of Deacons
- Accent Janitorial Services
- Aunt Martha’s Youth Service Center, Inc.
- BSD Corporation
- DeKalb County Community Foundation
- East Park Professional Centre
- First Detection Systems, Inc.
- Gerry and Bill Cowlin Foundation
- Grand Victoria Foundation
- Illinois Children’s Healthcare Foundation
- Lundstrom Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Medicine Stop of Elgin
- Northwest Community Hospital Foundation
- Project Solutions
- Alexian Brothers Health System
- Shales McNutt Construction
- Sharp Architects, Inc.
- United Way of Elgin
- United Way of Greater McHenry County, Inc.
- Vizient, Inc.
Greater Elgin Family Care Center also receives funding from the following sources.