WIC is a food assistance program for Women, Infants, and Children. It helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
Who can receive these services?
Women and their children who are:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or just had a baby
- Infants and Children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with a low to medium income see the United States Department of Agriculture WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines
What services are offered?
WIC can provide:
- Special checks to buy healthy foods – like milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans or peas, and peanut butter
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy
- Information and help about breastfeeding
- Help in finding health care and other services in your area